A bit about us
We believe that good leadership requires more than an impressive resume and a strong personality; there must be something in you that can justify the loyalty and commitment of those who follow. The philosophy of Aspiring Leaders’ Forum on faith and values is that serving others is the best foundation for meaningful lives, healthy communities and leadership. The Forum aims to explore the personal character foundations of integrity, humility, commitment, courage and aroha – all of which enable us to live for something greater than self-interest.
WHO IS INVOLVED
The Forum was established in 2006 with a desire by political, business and community leaders to take a proactive approach in developing the next generation of leaders. A large community of volunteers across Aotearoa New Zealand is involved in serving Aspiring Leaders’ Forum year to year. These volunteers work alongside the part-time office staff, based in Auckland. The Board of The New Zealand Leaders’ Trust governs the Forum.
Aspiring Leaders’ Forum is a catalytic event that brings together a hundred-plus young people each year. However, the conversations, friendships and call to action do not stop with the end of the Forum event. The ever-growing alumni community is invited to stay engaged with other projects organised by the New Zealand Leaders’ Trust and by fellow alumni.
- To challenge and inspire young leaders to think proactively about leadership.
- To encourage aspiring leaders to examine the faith and values that inform their approach to leadership.
- To invest in young leaders by offering them life-changing experiences and mentoring.
- To help establish relationships between Aotearoa New Zealand’s current and future leaders.
- To provide opportunities for meaningful cross-cultural interaction.
- To see an increase in active community service across Aotearoa New Zealand.
“One of the best experiences of my life. I will remember my group and group leaders forever.”// Delegate
“I appreciated that ALF wasn’t a ’10 steps to becoming a fab leader’. There are endless successful leadership styles and I feel ALF celebrates that.”// Delegate
“It is so easy to forget the heart and values of leadership, but this Forum changes 100+ people every year for the rest of their life.”// Small Group Facilitator
Aspiring Leaders’ Forum is endorsed by the following Members of Parliament:
Dr Elizabeth Kerekere
Dr Anae Neru Leavasa
Hon David Bennett
Hon Louise Upston
Hon Jacqui Dean